Donald Trump news today: Trump defends Mike Pence over classified documents despite slamming Biden

Trump says no documents found at Mar-a-Lago, just ‘cool’ empty envelopes marked classified

Donald Trump defended Mike Pence on Tuesday after it was revealed that classified documents had been found at the vice president’s Indiana home.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump called Pence an “innocent man” and urged people to “leave him alone.”

It’s a marked difference from his response to the discovery of classified documents at President Joe Biden’s Wilmington home and an office he used in Washington.

Now classified documents have been found in the homes of Mr Trump, Mr Biden and Mr Pence, sparking investigations into the matters.

The latest discovery at Pence’s home comes the same day a Georgia prosecutor said a decision is “imminent” on whether to indict Trump and his allies for trying to sway the state’s 2020 election.

Also Read :  Pittsburgh shooting: Multiple shots fired, remains an 'active scene' with unknown number of victims, officials say

A judge in Fulton County is expected to rule on the public release of a grand jury report after an eight-month investigation into Mr. Trump’s alleged actions.

On Tuesday, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said she objected to the release of the report, suggesting that the special jury had recommended multiple charges.

1674672011

McCarthy loses his temper with reporters over questions from George Santos

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy dressed down a reporter on the U.S. Capitol during a news conference Tuesday after the reporter asked him why he didn’t do more to punish George Santos for repeatedly lying to voters and the media.

CNN’s Manu Raju began Tuesday’s exchange by asking Mr. McCarthy whether his resistance to asking Mr. Santos to step down, a step taken by several of his GOP colleagues, was due to his desire to protect a single-digit Republican majority in the chamber.

Also Read :  Second woman alleges Georgia Senate candidate paid for abortion

John Bowden reports from Washington, DC, of ​​what was said.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 6:40 p.m

1674670811

After years of resistance, Trump discovered the text messages, the report said

According to reports by Jonathan Swan and Maggie Haberman in The New York Timesformer president donald trump discovered the text messages.

Despite long being famous for his unfiltered tweets (now Truths?) in the public sphere, Mr. Trump has long avoided emailing or texting in private, which may have helped him avoid worse legal risk than it is today.

Citing three people with knowledge of his new habit, Swan and Haberman report that messages from the former president have appeared on the phone of surprised recipients.

To date, Mr Trump’s texts have been described as innocuous and include New Year wishes and political commentary.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 6:20 p.m

1674669611

Watch: De La Cruz expresses outrage over DirecTV’s removal of Newsmax

Oliver O’Connell25 January 2023 18:00

1674668411

McCarthy targets Biden for documents – despite new revelations about Pence

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy tried to draw a distinction between the documents found at former Vice President Mike Pence’s home and those discovered at President Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, Delaware.

The independent asked Mr. McCarthy about the CNN report that Pence found documents at his home in Carmel, Indiana, and immediately returned them.

Eric Garcia states how the speaker answered his question.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 5:40 p.m

1674667211

Watch: Classified documents found at Mike Pence’s home

Secret documents were found at the home of former US Vice President Mike Pence

Documents with classified markings were discovered at former Vice President Mike Pence’s home in Indiana last week, his lawyer told the National Archives — the latest in a series of private home leaks. The files “appear to be a small number of classified documents that were accidentally locked up and moved to the former vice president’s personal home at the end of the last administration,” his attorney, Greg Jacobs, wrote in a letter to The Associated Press. . Mr. Pence served under Donald Trump from 2017 to 2021. Click here to sign up for our newsletters.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 5:20 p.m

1674665994

White nationalist Nick Fuentes was kicked off Twitter one day after a brief comeback

Notorious white nationalist and virulent anti-Semite Nick Fuentes has been banned from Twitter again, a day after he was able to return to his verified account.

Mr Trump refused to condemn either man and Fuentes’ history of rampant anti-Semitism and links to neo-Nazism, anti-LGBT+ bigotry and misogyny.

Alex Woodward has the latest.

Oliver O’Connell25 January 2023 16:59

1674664811

Trump blames everyone else as possible Georgia charges loom

Donald Trump issued a potentially revealing statement to Truth Social as news broke Tuesday that authorities in Fulton County, Georgia, are nearing a decision on charges against several members of his inner circle — possibly including Trump himself.

The former president, out of nowhere, cited his now-infamous Jan. 2, 2021, call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which he instructed the state’s chief elections officer to “find” more than 11,000 votes he would need to overcome Joe Biden. overall in the state.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 4:40 p.m

1674663011

Pence will visit Florida on Friday

Former Vice President Mike Pence will visit Florida International University in Miami on Friday, January 27.

The potential 2024 candidate is ostensibly in the state as part of his memoir So help me God.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 4:10 p.m

1674661811

House Judiciary Schedules First ‘Biden Border Crisis’ Hearing.

The House Judiciary Committee will hold its first hearing on the “Biden Border Crisis” on Wednesday, February 1 at 10 am.

President Jim Jordan tweeted the announcement, adding: “Ready to get to work.”

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 3:50 p.m

1674660611

DirecTV ditches Trump’s favorite Newsmax

DirecTV has pulled the far-right news channel Newsmax in favor of Trump.

The network was pulled from the platform at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, with the platform saying the carriage fees Newsmax charged to fill the ad would have resulted in higher costs that would have to be passed on to customers.

Newsmax disputes this, saying the claim is false and that they have been “de-platformed” by DirecTV, as was conservative outlet One America News in 2022.

Texas Republican Rep. Wesley Hunt took up the fight on behalf of the network by sending a letter of protest to the CEOs of DirecTV and parent AT&T, which was co-signed by several GOP lawmakers, including Matt Gaetz, James Comer and Lauren Boebert.

Newsmax is still available to stream online and through several other platforms, including Amazon, Roku, and Google Play. The network is referring to DirecTV’s move as “censorship.”

DirecTV maintains that it wanted to continue offering the network on its platform.

Oliver O’ConnellJanuary 25, 2023 3:30 p.m

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button